Our key targets for 2015, before winter sets in, are:
- The aircraft paint-stripped and re-painted in its 1964 British Eagle livery when the aircraft operated out of Liverpool Speke airport.
- The aircraft lifted up onto trestles and its main undercarriage, which has just been refurbished, re-attached.
- Locating and securing two aircraft trestles and to be used when lifting and shoring the aircraft.
- Transporting the refurbished undercarriage from Betley in Cheshire to Speke.
- Securing urgent funding for a good quality compressor to use in riveting the centre fuselage. We cannot lift the aircraft until the riveting is completed.
- Securing urgent funding or sponsorship for crane and/or airbags equipment and operators to actually carry out the lifting operation.